Nurturing. Loving. Giving. Selfless. Unconditional. Guidance. Compassion. Sympathy. Trust. Patience. Consoling. Supporting. Transport. Taxi. Food. Money.
These are all synonyms and/or characteristics for the earthlings known as Mothers.
And my kids has the best Mother in the world. And I should know, as I’m the eldest kid in our house.
- Who else would provide a perfect balance between the erratic behavior of a father and the erratic behavior of a teenager?
- Who else would drive up and down a thousand times just so that the kids don’t have to sit at school and wait for half an hour?
- Who else would delay a pee just so she could finish watching her son play his game?
- Who else makes my kids laugh from the pit of their stomachs?
- Who else would teach their daughter to turn the other cheek when bitches surround her on a daily basis?
- Who else allow her kids to take risks and learn from their mistakes and be there to console and support them when they do?
- Who else makes my job as a parent so much easier?
- Who else keeps track of all the detail in the busy lives of our family?
- Who else can built a spectacular refuge which is also the happiest, warmest, funniest, safest haven in the whole frigging world?
- Who else would sacrifice her life and everything else to ensure her children’s happiness?
- Who else is the poster child of what it means to be a Mother?
- Who else is there who can make every day great, just by hearing her voice or seeing her eyes lit up when she smiles?
- And who else can inspire me to be a better version of me?
I love you more than I love Baby Groot.
There’s a good chance that the kids love YOU a little more than they love me but I don’t blame them, you feed us too.
To all the Mothers out there, may your day be extra special this year!