I know for some of my friends who live on the other side of the world, 2016 has been kind of a let down, realizing they can now look forward in having an Oompa-Loompa as president for the next four years. Not that our turtle is any better at being president. Most of us would agree that things went from strange to total bat-shit crazy during the past year. This reality required some internal reflection from yours truly.
Truth be told, 2016 wasn’t really that bad as I still have a lot of things to be grateful for. It’s important to look back before one can go forward. It’s the only way to get out of a parking.
During the past year…
- I wasn’t abducted and probed by aliens. Not even once.
- I still have all of my hair and my teeth still don’t need to go in a cup when I sleep.
- I didn’t get a divorce despite the fact that we renovated our kitchen.
- I didn’t die.
- I didn’t kill any of my colleagues. (I did come close.)
- My kids refer to me as Dad and not $%##$*&% Dad. (At least not in front of me.)
- I haven’t lost any weight. I actually managed to gain a few pounds!!
- I haven’t lost my taste for red wine.
- I can still blog. And it seems people are still reading. (Which is an added bonus.)
- Britney Spears is still
I’m sure you’re able to add a few things. So I invite you, let’s do this. Let’s get positive and optimistic about the things we have, about the things that went right last year and rather focus on the things that make us happy.
We need to re-adjust our base-program before we proceed into the uncertain waters that is 2017. Albeit with caution and serenity and concern and hope and humour and a shit load of prayers.
I pray that each person reading this is going to have a WONDERFUL New Year!