The Stanley Kubrick film which deals with the possibility of black monoliths affecting human evolution has nothing to do with this post. It did lend itself to a very catchy and appropriate title for I just hit 2001 followers. Yeah, I know, I’m awesome. No I’m not. I’m trying to be…
Furthermore it’s worth noting that karma has been very kind to me as she timed this milestone perfectly, as it was my second Blogiversary on Sunday. *Insert double high five*
It is therefore proven that good things will come your way if you refrain from kicking homeless people for fun. (Haven’t done that in like 41 years or so.)
As with most important things in life, like procreation, it’s something one cannot really achieve by yourself. People have tried but the results are mostly unsatisfactory. In order to achieve the necessary success you need to be a couple. (Or more, but that’s a different blog.) Anyway, here are a couple of people who assisted me in extending the boundaries of my writing ability.
- Every single person who has wilfully or accidentally or forcefully made the choice to press my follow button. (I love my follow button, by the way. Pressing it makes me smile) I’m even including the people I’ve bribed. I am both humbled, flattered and flattened by your decision to follow the ramblings that spill from my mind.
- It’s also important to include my muse(s) for I would lose so many browning points if I didn’t. They include, in no particular order for that would depend on the type of day I’m having: Wife, Dude, Princess, my brothers born from other mothers, my family, colleagues, people I’ve met once, people whom I’ve never met. Thank you all for bumping in and out of my life and doing stupid things I can blog about.
- Then we all need to stand up and thank WordPress for this awesome platform, that’s providing people like me with a blogging tool that simple enough for me to understand and use without botching it up.
- I cannot fathom this odyssey of mine without the daily dose of inspiration and LOL’s I’m receiving from all the great writers of this community. You guys and gals make me wanna be a better writer for I seem like a little snot-nosed toddler by comparison.
- Lastly but certainly not the least, I would like to give a shout-out to my five top commenters of 2014.
Follow them. You’ll be so glad you did.
Two things happened in my blogging life that I never expected: I was Freshly Pressed! I got to meet the brain behind Naptimethoughts in person! What else is there?
Ok, before I go… Did you know that the concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. And that this blog was viewed about 14,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it. (I copied this from my annual report)
Which brings me to the fact that I need to finish as the curtains are raised and the band started playing. People are shooshing me…