Who knew? Got the ping back and blinked twice in order to make sure it wasn’t a mistake. Checked my diary immediately to ensure it’s not a delayed April fool’s joke. It turned out not to be one, so I am hugely grateful to Miss Thanksamillion over @ mummyflyingsolo who nominated me for this Versatile blogger award. My first one, and like we all know, first times are the best. No not really. Practise makes perfect. Bottom line I am extremely flattered and now there is some work to do. I have to list seven random things about myself. Here goes:
I’m a man, living in South Africa, married to a beautiful wife, have two ama-zing kids, one gay french poodle, I write, sleep and eat. In that order. Oh shit that’s eight. I hate it when I babble…
Only kidding! As a token of my gratitude for this award, here are seven things few people know about me.
1. I always wanted to write, never had the guts to do it, but it was my brother-in-law who finally convinced me to start this year. And thereby changing my daily existence.
2. I have more than 200 Marvel lead figurines in a collection that I started just before humans invented fire.
3. I have visited more than 30 different countries in the last seven years. Some of them more than once.
4. I have a twitter account with an astonishing
14 12 followers.
5. I snore. Sometimes. Well technically only when I drink wine, ok, maybe when I drink too much wine. Which occur sometimes. Then I snore.
6. I am considered to be mentally challenged by some of my friends for waking up every morning @ 05h00 to go the gym. I’m not, I was tested recently.
7. I don’t really like cats, because I have some insecurities about being needed and do not handle it well when someone tells me “Go to hell” using body language only.
Thanks again for the nomination and I am returning the favour by listing a few recent discoveries I consider worth mentioning: